CHERGA (rug) is a Bulgarian word which means homemade textile made of a great number of coloured interweaved threads forming a strong and pictorial structure.
The rug has been used by the Bulgarians since the establishment of our country – almost 2000 years ago when we were still a equestrian nation.
CHERGA is a group of young Bulgarian designers working together with common goals despite of the differences in temperament, way of working and style.
We chose CHERGA for the name of our group because this is the word best describing the character and variegation of our nation and spirit. Despite our bright personalities and differences we aim to show together the strength and advantages of the Bulgarian design – as a product and part of the world culture and environment.
Our goals are:
- Organising a working professional environment for furniture, product and interior designers;
- Establishing a complete vision of the Bulgarian industrial design through participation in competitions, exhibitions and cultural events;
- Engage the institutions and business in Bulgaria to support the progress and establishment of the Bulgarian design;
- Creating an official organization of the industrial designers in Bulgaria;
– unified information system which will allow easier communication between the members, the business, the institutions and external organizations.
Our activities include - organizing conferences, workshops, meetings between the business and the designers, putting up design problems to the official institutions, organizing exhibitions, promoting designers, etc.
Here you can found a link to a PDF file with a presentation of CHERGA and Rabotilnica workshop
Here is the presentation of CHERGA and Rabotilnica in Bulgarian